Since the company’s foundation in 1996, the juwi group has become one of the leading international renewable energy project development companies. Today, more than 1,000 people worldwide work for the juwi group in the Wind and Solar energy sectors. Working for juwi means taking a stand for climate protection and contributing to sustainable development.
juwi Renewable Energies (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of the juwi Group. Our focus is on the development,
construction, operation and maintenance of solar and wind energy projects.
Thank you for visiting our Careers page. Please take a look at our current vacancies below.
Department: juwi Renewable Energy Pty Ltd - Off grid/Hybrid
Title of position: Hybrid Engineer
Superior: Head of Global Business Initiatives
Subordinate Staff: None
Internal Interfaces: Project Managers, Project Development Managers, Project Engineers, Head of Business development
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Remuneration: Base salary with performance bonus and benefits
• Dynamic local team with expert international support;
• World class reference projects in Australia and internationally;
• One of the largest solar and wind development and EPC companies worldwide;
• Delivered a world first project in Australia – 10.6MW solar/battery hybrid at DeGrussa Mine;
• juwi has a high level of commitment and passion for the vision of 100% renewable energy.
juwi is looking for an individual experienced in the solar/wind hybrid industry to be responsible for the engineering and development (technical) of our pipeline of large-scale hybrid projects. The primary focus will be on projects in Australia / Asia Pacific for mine sites and other off-grid energy users, with a secondary function being the collaboration and support for international projects with other juwi subsidiaries. The individual will also have the opportunity to obtain knowledge from the DeGrussa project and draw on juwi's extensive international experience in the market. The individual will be based in juwi's Brisbane office with site visits and international travel being required from time to time. All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
The key roles for the hybrid engineer will be a mixture of project development / sales, as well as project delivery, as outlined below:
• Develop and manage the early engineering process for hybrid projects (~1MWp to ~100MWp + Batteries) including hybrid micro-grid integration and hybrid modelling including HOMER Pro;
• Technical assessment of self-developed or tender project requirements;
• Assessment and review of RfP/tender documentation;
• Develop technical offering for bids/proposals;
• Site technical assessments and feasibility studies;
• Utilise multiple internal and external resources to achieve the clients development requirements;
• Support Project Manager with cost calculation and bill of quantity development;
• Develop site specific technical specification for key solar/wind hybrid equipment and systems;
• Solar/wind hybrid specific project engineering and design;
• Support international projects remotely with design assessments and recommendations.
• Market research and product screening;
• Collaboration with international colleagues on solar/wind hybrid design and market progress;
• Research and development;
• Develop engineering reports from available project data;
• Review and improve juwi hybrid processes and documentation;
• Maintain understanding of Australian Standards and industry technical requirements/guidelines relating to solar/wind hybrid systems.
juwi is looking for the following attributes:
• Electrical engineering degree (or similar);
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in solar or wind hybrid engineering design and/or development;
• Strong understanding of solar or wind hybrid components, capabilities and the market;
• Ability to work within a local and international design team;
• Strong understanding and skills of design programs/systems (CAD, Homer, PVSyst, Windpro, Wasp Matlab etc);
• Strong understanding and skills of company tools (MS Office with advanced excel skills etc.);
• Understanding of the the relationship between technical and commercial project requirements;
• Willing to travel as required within Australia, with occasional international travel.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. juwi's management structure empowers the team members with the ability to take quick decisions.
With an annual turnover of over more than 1 Billion AUD and installed capacity in excess of 5 GW across 25 countries, juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the renewable energy sector. Since 1996, juwi has been developing, planning, financing and operating power plants and systems that use renewable energies – wind and solar.
The Australian subsidiary has already completed a 10.6MWp solar PV + 6MW battery system on a remote mine in Western Australia, making it the world’s largest off-grid system. Driven by the increasing demand for utility scale Photovoltaic systems in both the off-grid and on-grid segments, juwi is expanding the development and EPC support team within Australia.
To apply for any of these advertised vacancies, please send us your application via email to juwi Singapore(!) email@example.com, including cover letter, full CV and credentials (related to school, university, work etc.) and stating your salary expectation. Please insert the job title in the email subject line.